Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common forms of personal injury and property damage, numbering in the millions each year. As straightforward as a claim might seem, many victims of these accidents are shocked to discover how difficult it can be to get timely, reasonable compensation.
Insurance companies will undervalue vehicles, downplay injuries, and use delaying tactics in hopes that you settle for whatever they might give you. While you are trying to find a way to balance pain, loss of a vehicle, disruption of your job, surgeries, and therapy appointments, it can feel nearly impossible to find the time and strength to fight negligent insurers or dishonest parties in court.
- When it comes to motor vehicle accidents, time is a vital component. In the case of accidents with a corporate vehicle, there are often monitors that record the speed and location of their vehicles, which can conveniently go missing when it’s time to be accountable to the victim or their loved ones. Our team has spent over 50 years working with these cases, so we understand the absolute necessity of aggressive, fast-moving litigation. Working with us, you can rest easy knowing you are freed from the burden of fighting, so you can focus on recovery.
What Can I Do To Prepare For An Auto Accident?
- Get all the information you can at the scene, including license plate numbers, witness testimonials, and a recounting of exactly where each vehicle was at the point of the accident. Describe the vehicle’s model, make, and color, as well as the location of the crash.
- Keep a pen and paper, as well as a phone or camera in your vehicle. A list of allergies, an emergency contact, and a list of other medical conditions is helpful as well, in case of serious injury.
- Exchange information with the other party. Get their name, address, phone number, insurance, and place of work if it is a corporate vehicle.
- File an accident report with your local police station. While not all members of law enforcement may respond to your call for a collision, filing a report in person or online will help add validity to your claim when presented to insurance companies.
- Get familiar with your insurance coverage policies before an accident occurs. Does your insurance cover a rental vehicle and roadside assistance? Get clear on your needs and whether your policy will support you when you need it most.
Contact Cox, Cox, Filo, Camel & Wilson as soon as you are able, so that we can move forward on your case and ensure you get the medical aid and vehicle reparations you need, when you need it most.