Accidents and the resulting injuries can have a profound effect on your emotions, finances, and physical abilities. Their life-changing potential makes them a source of stress and anxiety for millions of Americans.
When you are injured because of someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to suffer the financial consequences. The at-fault party should take responsibility for the medical bills from your injury. Unfortunately, this rarely happens.
At Cox, Cox, Filo, Camel & Wilson L.L.C., we’ve helped injured victims seek the compensation they deserve, no matter how challenging the case may be.
We’ll take the burden off your shoulders by handling your case from start to finish.
What is a Personal Injury?
Personal injuries are any injury caused by the negligence of another. Negligence where someone fails to act as any reasonable person would in the same situation.
Preventable or not, personal injury accidents are caused by carelessness. That’s why victims of negligence can seek funds to cover their pain, suffering, and medical expenses.
What Can I Get Compensated for?
There are a number of things you can receive compensation for after an accident. It depends on the details surrounding your injury but, in general, victims receive compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning abilities
- Emotional distress
- Therapy costs
- Medical treatment
- Funeral costs
- Wrongful death
Unfortunately, insurance companies only look out for their best interests. They’ll low ball you or deny compensation altogether.
As Lake Charles personal injury attorneys, it is our job to prevent this from happening. Some cases are settled out of court but many times taking legal action is the only way to get the money you deserve.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can help you achieve better settlement than you might on your own because we:
- Can tell you what your claim is really worth, versus an insurance adjuster who will only tell you what they’re willing to pay.
- Only charge fees if we win, which motivates us to seek success at all costs.
- Know the law inside and out and we’ll defend it with all our strength.
- Handle everything for you so you don’t have to worry about filing out paperwork or talking to insurance companies.
- Work with expert witnesses who can strengthen your case with experienced, professional opinions.
When you hire a personal injury attorney, you don’t have to be afraid of taking your case to court. Even if you’re going to handle your case on your own, it can be beneficial to get the opinion of a personal injury lawyer. At Cox, Cox, Filo, Camel & Wilson L.L.C., you can schedule a free consultation with no obligations and no strings attached.
How do I Choose an Attorney?
There are hundreds of personal injury lawyers who could represent your case. Having so many options can make picking an attorney daunting, so consider the following tips when starting your search:
- If you’ve worked with a lawyer that doesn’t practice injury law, ask them for a referral. Family and friends can be a great referral source as well.
- Choose an attorney that is rated on Avvo.com. This website helps you find local lawyers and gives you access to reviews from previous clients and legal peers.
- The Louisiana State Bar Association provides multiple resources and tools to help you find a local attorney.
- Consult with several attorneys and research their backgrounds, specialties, and successfully settled cases.
- Once you’ve narrowed your options, think about how comfortable you are with those attorneys. Having a good relationship with your lawyer can be crucial to a successful outcome.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Clients come to us terrified of what will happen if they aren’t compensated for their injuries. Don’t worry. We know personal injury law and we know what damages injured victims are entitled to.
You’re never alone. Our attorneys are here to help at every turn. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury caused by someone else’s negligence, contact us. Call 337-800-8888 to schedule your free consultation.