Lake Charles Job Injury Lawyer

Home /  Lake Charles Work Injury Lawyer /  Lake Charles Job Injury Lawyer

Most workers who are injured on the job are covered by workers’ compensation. But workers’ compensation only provides baseline coverage, paying for time away from the job and medical costs. It does not pay for diminished earning capacity, rehabilitation, career retraining, or pain and suffering.

If Worker’s Compensation doesn’t begin to cover your expenses after a workplace injury, you may file a third-party claim against someone other than your immediate employer. When you do this, you are out of the realm of workers’ compensation and into the realm of personal injury law, where more aspects of an injury are compensable, including lost wages, benefits, and pain and suffering.

Types Of Workplace Injuries

Who Can Be A Third Party In An Injury Claim?

When Worker’s Compensation cannot provide enough compensation to cover an individual’s expenses related to an injury, the injured party has the option to make a third-party claim to supplement the damages they’ve received. With the help of an experienced personal injury firm, you may be able to file multiple claims for your injury, combining workers’ comp with a third-party suit, to cover all your losses. The third-party can be any of the following:

  • The other driver in a crash that happens on the job
  • A subcontractor or vendor who works on the same job site
  • The owner of the property on which you are injured
  • The maker of equipment, materials, or chemicals in use at the worksite

How Does The Jones Act Work With On-the-job Injuries Offshore?

Under the Jones Act, offshore workers can obtain the same kind of compensation as workers on land. The Jones Act provides an avenue for paying medical costs and living expenses in the wake of a serious injury on a ship, boat, mobile platform, or other vessels.

At the Cox Law Firm, we only represent plaintiffs — those who have been injured. Many law firms exist to serve big companies, but our lawyers primarily serve the average individual who has suffered grievous injury. We also help seriously injured workers file for Social Security Disability Insurance. If you have been injured at your place of work and have been denied compensation, we suggest that you consider a third-party personal injury claim. For more information, contact the Lake Charles injury attorneys at the Cox Law Firm at 337-436-6611.


Request Your
Free Consultation

Fields Marked With An “ * ” Are Required

"*" indicates required fields

I Have Read The Disclaimer*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.